Q. Which items does the Center accept as donations?
A. The Center accepts almost anything that you would have in your home or garage that is usable or resalable. The Center also accepts cash gifts, bequests, personal care products, food, and more. If you have specific questions regarding donations, call 423.238.7777.
Q. Where can I drop off my donations?
A. The Center's donation area is a two-story warehouse behind the Samaritan Center and Ace Hardware on Ooltewah-Georgetown Rd.
Q. How do I get to the Center?
The Samaritan Center is located at 9231 Lee Hwy in Ooltewah. Click to view directions.
Q. What donations doesn't the Center take?
A. Due to safety issues and other concerns, the Samaritan Center cannot accept the following items:
• Furniture in poor condition or in need of repair
• Bathroom fixtures (toilets, bathtubs, sinks, etc.)
• Scrap metal
• Guns, ammunition or explosives
• Automobile parts (tires, batteries, etc.)
• Above ground pools
• Wall-to-wall carpet, padding or outdoor carpet
• Alcoholic beverages
• Any hazardous materials (paints, fuels, lubricants, chemicals, insecticides, poisons, etc.)
• Children's playground equipment (swing sets, sand boxes, monkey bars, etc.)
• Any items recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (www.cpsc.gov)
Thank you for respecting our policy and blessing those in need in our community through your donations.
Q. During which hours can I donate clothing, housinghold, items, etc?
A. Our donation hours are as follows: Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Donations left at the dock outside of these hours are not eligible for a tax-deductible receipt.
Q. What type of food donations does the Center accept?
A. Anything that has not expired and has not been opened.
Q. Does the Center accept fresh or frozen foods?
Q. Where do I drop of food donations?
A. They can be dropped off at the front office inside the main building during office hours (9am - 4pm, Monday-Thursday).
Q. Do people have to pay for the food they receive from the food pantry?
A. No. Like all of our services, when we give out food to clients, it is completely free.
Back to Top