When you volunteer your time at the Samaritan Center, you volunteer to support your community.
As a volunteer you know that when you leave the Center, your time has been well-spent; after all, everything you have done will in some way help your neighbors in need.
At the Samaritan Center, we have many volunteer opportunities to meet your interests and skills and our needs! Below is an overview of all of our positions. We encourage families with children as young as five years old and people with disabilities to apply. For group opportunities, contact Tammy at 423.238.7777 ext. 22.
Key: Bold = Positions that are currently open.
Key: * = Family opportunities (check with Tammy for age-appropriate opportunities).
- Clothes sorting*
- Electronics testing
- Cleaning and sorting toys*
- Hanging clothes
- Check games*
- Check puzzles*
- Measure, bundle, and price fabric*
- Sort sports cards*
- Sort greeting cards and find matching envelopes
- Stamp price tags
- Dress and clean dolls/Barbies*
- Assist driver to pick-up large donated items*
- Build computers to be sold
- Greet customers and bring in donated items at dock
- Building and facility maintenance
- Large appliance tester/repairer
- Data entry
- Data maintenance
- Addressing envelopes
- Assist with mailings*
- Supplies shopper
- Assist with monthly food boxes
- Count and sort food (seasonal)
- Count and sort personal care products (seasonal)
- Secret Samaritan
- Decorating barrels and banners*
- Assist with the Christmas Parade (seasonal)*
- Blood pressure checks (must have at least a nursing degree)
Marketing & Development Support:
- Writing/researching articles for publications
- Website technician
- Updating/distributing information on social networking sites
- Event coordination (seasonal)
- Cultivating sponsorship connections and donor relations
- Provide ideas and support to marketing and development initiatives
To learn about more volunteering positions and how you can volunteer as an individual, family, or group, e-mail Tammy